I had what I think was was my first oral cavity related injection ever yesterday afternoon. I don't think I'd ever had one before.. if I'd had, I totally have no recollection. The needle was this long >------------ no kidding. Nothing major though! I just needed to get an old filling refilled - the one filler that was there fell out a little while ago, and it's felt strange ever since. But, definitely not stranger that what it felt like to have half my lower jaw numb. I swear I was paranoid that I was drooling like a monumentally mentally disabled person - you know that kind that's committed and has no control over their facial muscles. Surreal!

It did make me think though.. I'm pretty damn lucky with how much control I have over my life. Of course I can't control all the uncontrollable stuff that's outside of my control. Hahahahahaha. But I get to decide my physicality, where I want to be, where I am, where I work, what I want to do, who I want to see, what I want to buy, where I want to go... all up to me. I don't have to answer to anyone about anything. My life, my time, my mental state, my money. It's a good place to be, and I'm grateful for it.

And I even think my dentist is pretty cool, and I'd like to think he's not ripping me off :)

0 Responses to "owie gum needles"

Post a Comment