Cashmere Mafia is almost the best thing since sliced bread. Sure it looks to be a new series from the Sex and the City (SATC) cookie-cutter, but I love that it doesn't take itself too seriously. And I'm a huge Lucy Liu fan - she's got the same impact on me as Kendra Wilkinson.

Cashmere Mafia stars Lucy Liu (Ally McBeal - Ling), Miranda Otto (Lord of the Rings - Eowyn), Frances O'Connor (Mansfield Park), and Bonnie Somerville (Kitchen Confidential - Mimi). It's all about successful career women and absolute proof that money doesn't buy happiness. The central characters are more alike than on SATC, more similar than different but different all the same. None of that hiding behind some poor bastard that's unfortunate enough to be your boyfriend rubbish. No pandering to the "I think I might need a man" crowd. I think I'm in love with the series, and it's only up to episode seven.

Woot! I'm gonna be a TV fiend - Cashmere Mafia, Boston Legal, Hells Kitchen and for whatever reason the phrase "it's my favorite: far off places, daring sword fights, magic spells, a prince in disguise! pops into my head. Ahhh the good 'ol days.

0 Responses to "loving the cashmere mafia"

Post a Comment