I've never been much of a political critic. I don't proclaim to know a lot about politics or anthropology or much in general. I like to think I've always been true to myself, been open to the views of others and open to debate on topics I feel strongly about. My views are often based on why I feel is right, what I believe is right and what I know is right; and sometimes even on publicized facts!

I came across the following video on youtube about the proposed pay rise for Singaporean ministers, and I have to say I'm shocked! These guys get paid more than the president of the United States!



The guy speaking in the video has a point! No doubt Singapore proclaims itself to be a "first-world" country, but seriously! What makes these ministers so special that they need to be paid more or the same as the leaders of the free world? Singapore has a population of something like 4 (or is it 5?) million people, and the ministers that help govern it get paid over a million dollars a year? That's 1 with 6 ZEROS behind it, and George Dubya gets about the same and he has 52 states all larger than Singapore? He's the leader of the most powerful country in the world! And yes thank God that he has advisors. The guy has given some of the most amusing press interviews I've ever come across.

What I'm trying to say is, Singaporean ministers really seem to get paid disgustingly well, question is, is it earnt? What do they do for it? What's so special about them? Is Singapore so much harder to run than any other country in the world that its ministers get paid more than most world leaders? I'm just curious.

0 Responses to "so much money for..?"

Post a Comment