I part of book club with people that seem pretty cool.. I've met most of them only once over dinner at the Witches' Cauldron. We've settled on another book that we'll be meeting to discuss over some sort of meal sometime in mid December.
Found the book? CHECK!
Bought the book? CHECK!
Read the book? cricket sounds...

There's the problem. I seem to have somehow misplaced my penchant for reading. I'm not sure where I left it, but I better find it quick smart. It's been weeks and I've only managed a total of fifty two whole pages of The Fingersmith, and I'm pretty sure I read those pages the day I bought the thing. I know it's not the book, it's me; because I've bought other books since and have managed to just have them sit and look pretty laying about the house.

Just to guilt myself that little bit more, I've compiled a list of the books I've recently purchased and have not read (OMFG!):
Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison
The Gods of Amyrantha (The Tide Lords - Book 2) - Jennifer Fallon
The Riven Kingdom (Godspeaker - Book 2) - Karen Miller
Hammer of God (Godspeaker - Book 3) - Karen Miller
The Serpent Bride - Sara Douglas
It Had To Be You - Cecily von Ziegesar
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

And to make matters worse, there are books I've convinced myself I want (read: need)...
Chosen (House of Night - Book 3)
Untamed (House of Night - Book 4)
Hunted (House of Night - Book 5)

0 Responses to "all that trouble not reading"

Post a Comment